Week 1- Filmmaking Shot by Shot, ch 1, 2, and 3 response.

The first three chapters of this book, "Filmmaking Shot by Shot" by Katz, is primarily about working around the idea of setting up your shot and establishing the ideas that you have visualized into an actual medium, which can be difficult.
I really enjoyed Katz's acknowledgement of other current ideas or practices on the topics he introduces before who goes into his own opinion, which is usually the more interesting of them.  His explanation of first visualizing your idea as a full story and then piece by piece you can dissolve your idea into a few frames which convey the idea in a way that will be interesting or thought provoking. This form of framing does, unfortunately for me, require the ability to work your ideas onto paper in drawings that are well constructed and get the idea across easily, and this is something I lack the ability to do. It is clear that if I would like to be skilled at what I am learning to do here, I will need to put effort into improving my basic drawing skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peder Hill: Conflict is the essence of Drama